Saturday 30 June 2018

Meet Your Provincial Fair Student - Christi



Provincial Heritage Fair Student, Christi 
Grade 7 at Cornerstone Christian Academy

Project Title
Marina Nemat: 'I live to testify.'  Truth or Lie?

Why did you choose this topic?
I chose this topic because I was inspired by Marina Nemat's bravery, strength, and courage to stand up for what she believed in and survive her torment in a country that is abusive to human rights. It seemed like very few people knew who she was, so I wanted to share her story. I also wanted to use this project to advocate for human rights as well, as it is a topic I feel very strongly about.

What part of the Provincial Fair are you most excited about?
I am most excited about the walking tour of downtown Squamish.

Favourite school subject
Social Studies

Favourite colour
Grey

Favourite kind of food
Japanese food

Place you would most like to visit
Berlin, Germany

If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
If I could meet any historical figure, it would be Viola Desmond. It would be her because she is one of the first Canadians to challenge racial segregation, which is a huge milestone in our history that means something to many people. Racial discrimination is a topic that I am passionate about and it is completely relevant today. I think it would be interesting and beneficial for all people to hear what Desmond would do to challenge racial discrimination in today's society.

No comments:

Post a Comment