Sunday 3 July 2016

Meet Your Provincial Fair Chaperone – Sarah


Provincial Fair Chaperone, Sarah

Job: Educational Programs Facilitator for the Richmond Museum and Museum Educator at the Steveston Museum and Steveston Interurban Tram

Why did you choose to chaperone this year's Provincial Fair group?
I’ve been involved with the Heritage Fair program for the past 3 years and it is one of my favourite events. I love seeing the enthusiasm and passion from the students who participate at the Regional Fair and acting as the chaperone for last year’s Provincial Fair in Victoria has only reinforced this as I got the chance to see a group of incredible young historians from around our province in action.

I am excited to have the opportunity to join the Richmond delegation as they head to Vancouver for 5 fun-filled days where they will have the chance to learn more about the history in their own community, showcase their knowledge and make new friends with other like-minded students from across B.C.


Favourite school subject: Social studies
Favourite colours: Purple
Favourite kind of food: Ice cream
Place you would most like to visit: Istanbul and Rome

If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
I would most like to meet Queen Victoria as I am fascinated by British history, especially the Victorian era (19th century). As Britain’s longest reigning monarch until recently, I think that it would be very interesting to meet her and find out what it is like being a queen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment