Tuesday 28 June 2016

Meet Your Provincial Fair Student – Liam

Provincial Fair Student, Liam

Grade 5 at Gilmore Elementary

Project Title: Ring Ring Canada Calling. How has Alexander Graham Bell’s Invention of the Telephone Changed Canadian Life?
Why did you choose this topic?
1.   My dad worked for Motorola and Nokia, which are phone companies, for many years.
2.   I wanted to do it on an inventor as I like to invent things and tinker with things.
3.   I use a phone/ipad/ipod a lot in everyday life and I wanted to learn where it came from.

Favourite school subject: Math
Favourite colour: Blue
Favourite kind of food: That’s hard! I love to cook. My favourite meal would be sausages, mashed potatoes and gravy.
Place you would most like to visit: Disneyland, as I have never been. I love thrilling rides.

If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
Alexander Graham Bell, of course. He is a very interesting character. Did you know he had two brothers who both died of tuberculosis? He also invented the metal detector and developed a hydrofoil (early speed boat). 

No comments:

Post a Comment